My scaffolding has gone

Thedreamer

Yay, I've taken down the remaining scaffolding. ?

Big effort the last month painting the roughcasting to get this away for good, satisfying to see the house standing proud by itself for the first time.

Next job will be tidying the site and emptying storage container to get this gone as well.

Edited by Thedreamer
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Thedreamer said:

Yay, I've taken down the remaining scaffolding. ?

Big effort the last month painting the roughcasting to get this away for good, satisfying to see the house standing proud by itself for the first time.

Next job will be tidying the site and emptying storage container to get this gone as well.

Mile stone 

Some pics?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MikeSharp01 said:

[...]

It is easy at the Lower levels but harder when you don't have a head for heights as I don't.

While never carefree about it, we soon got used to being three lifts up.

We splashed out on three safety harnesses: and I was the only person who  used one - ever. The difference a properly secured, tight safety harness makes to the 'feel' of the job is significant.

6 hours ago, AnonymousBosch said:

I'm in the process of getting mine ready for sale. I can't bring myself to part with all of it. It's so damn useful.

Ideally would like to have access to a tower for a gable end. I was able to scaffolding with stuff belonging to my wife's uncle this was a huge help and mean't we could work at a slower pace and didn't have hire or adjusting costs. He also knew somebody who was retiring and sold me a some old but perfectly usable long scaffolding boards for £100.

4 hours ago, MikeSharp01 said:

We are using Kwikstage some of which I got from @PeterW and several other places. It is easy at the Lower levels but harder when you don't have a head for heights as I don't.

Yes not one for heights either. Our house is a room in the roof design so it was just three levels at the gable ends. Usually the jelly legs would disappear once I was concentrating on the job in hand.

@AnonymousBosch - just out of interest on the safety harnesses, were you good at wore these all the time or more at the start? Did you wear when putting up and taking down? This might of been useful when I had to tie boards down in the gales last year. 

@MikeSharp01Useful to have some lengths of rope on site if you ever need to tie boards down quickly in windy weather.

3 hours ago, scottishjohn said:

will be in the market for that scaffolding -message me when you decide with price

I am itemising and checking over what I want to sell  at the moment. It'll take me a while (month?)  to get that done properly for all my stock.

How much do you want?

In total I have enough to do three lifts on two sides and two lifts on the other sides of a 10 meter by 10 meter house: but I'll need some of my scaffolding for a while yet. If you just want a small amount (three lifts over just under ten meters) I can release that almost straight away.

Its all ready and properly stacked.

In terms of price, I'll sell at the price I paid  minus a bit for wear and tear. I have the invoice and I'll happily  show any interested customer exactly how much I paid for each bit ( roughly (£7000 - for all of it).

I do want to keep some. It's just too handy.

1 hour ago, Thedreamer said:

Useful to have some lengths of rope on site if you ever need to tie boards down quickly in windy weather.

yes I have a drum of rope just for that, didn't help last weekend though as tarpauline, well fixed down, we have over part of the build, protecting the TYVEK from UV, shredded itself into whisps of blue plastic proceeded to create what I most like to think a replica of the spaghetti trees of the April fool done by the BBC all over our neighbors trees, I spent a few happy hours getting it all down into plastic sack and then putting the spare tarp up.

1 hour ago, AnonymousBosch said:

I am itemising and checking over what I want to sell  at the moment. It'll take me a while (month?)  to get that done properly for all my stock.

How much do you want?

In total I have enough to do three lifts on two sides and two lifts on the other sides of a 10 meter by 10 meter house: but I'll need some of my scaffolding for a while yet. If you just want a small amount (three lifts over just under ten meters) I can release that almost straight away.

Its all ready and properly stacked.

In terms of price, I'll sell at the price I paid  minus a bit for wear and tear. I have the invoice and I'll happily  show any interested customer exactly how much I paid for each bit ( roughly (£7000 - for all of it).

I do want to keep some. It's just too handy.

probably all of it --just message me when you have details of what you got and price 

what type is it 

Ihave some galvanised kwikstage already with galv metal boards 

Edited by scottishjohn