Utilities connection new build

bBooth

Hi,

Buying a timber frame new build house, which is finished internally, awaiting k rend to be applied externally and a detached garage to be built, I was surprised to see mains water gas and electric only just being connected as how would anything in the house been tested, central heating ran, leaks spotted on pipe work etc, is this normal on new build to only get connected at this stage and do they use alternative supply for testing before plastering and painting? Cheers

Pipework can be pressure tested without a mains connection and all electrical dead testing can be done and even a certain amount of live testing with a generator.

I would not say it is normal to leave services until this late, but there must be some reason why they did that.

19 minutes ago, bBooth said:

Hi,

Buying a timber frame new build house, which is finished internally, awaiting k rend to be applied externally and a detached garage to be built, I was surprised to see mains water gas and electric only just being connected as how would anything in the house been tested, central heating ran, leaks spotted on pipe work etc, is this normal on new build to only get connected at this stage and do they use alternative supply for testing before plastering and painting? Cheers

Quite normal 

We had no water on so we manually pumped the pipes full of water and left full of water with a pressure gauge in place 

The UFH we filled with air 

• Like 1