ICF (EPS/XPS) external fixings

Hi, interested to know what ICF builders have done for attaching things like external lights/guttering/cctv/other random things to the outside of their houses. Going through to the concrete seems a little excessive. Our finish will mainly be render on a mesh on the EPS though I've been thinking maybe of using cement board but this will add quite a bit to materials & labour I expect so good to hear any inventive options you've used ?  

you could set in studs before pouring the walls  for attaching things outside of render?

fit plenty and cut of flush what you don,t need?

hardly a big deal holes in concrete with modern drills to fit a facia board to mount things any way 

you could fit it before render -and render up to edge ?

Edited by scottishjohn

Here's some nice fixings, when you want a drainpipe your kid could climb up,  These are fixings from Fischer

Fixing.jpg?raw=1

Fixing1.jpg?raw=1

Downpipe.jpg?raw=1

I have seen these used before, they are like LARGE plasterboard screw holders

51HR--GiTnL._SX466_.jpg

and these are the only houses with external insulation that I have personally seen the drainpipes detach from .... I would be going for concrete everytime, where there is something with any weight hanging off it.

Edited by magnethead

If you plan properly, and align your webs, you can screw in to these as you would for internal fittings. So you'd make sure there is a web inline with your downpipes. You'd obviously just get one of the screws in per bracket, so use one of those EPS fittings for the other.

Thanks, yes for larger items (e.g. brisse soleil) was thinking to either set fixings pre-pour or cut out blocks of the EPS (and board over during pour) so we'd have concrete blocks to fix into. If we missed something we'd go with concrete fixings as suggested.

After rendering I think it's tough to expect to find webbing with any accuracy unless you do something to make them identifiable but that's a pain for a whole house exterior. Will plan what we can and for small/light things (light exterior lights) those small screws with wide screw in plastic base look like a good option thanks.