Tv aerials

nod

16 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

I seem to remember that Channel 5 was the first to broadcast digitally from Carn Brae.

You can see that mast, at night, all over the country (well not quite, but a fair slice of Cornwall).

Not sure where the digital radio mast is, but when it rains heavily, DAB stops.

DAB is broadcast from Four Lanes, medium wave from the old mast at Lanner.  A useless fact:  The monument on Carn Brea is to one of my ex-wife's  relatives.  Apparently they owned much of the area around Camborne and Redruth once upon a time. 

9 minutes ago, JSHarris said:

The monument on Carn Brea

Took an old girlfriend and her 12 year old son up there to show them it one evening.

As we walked back to the car, at dusk, amazing things were going on in the parking area.

Must pop up there again on a warm evening.

Edited by SteamyTea

1 hour ago, SteamyTea said:

Took an old girlfriend and her 12 year old son up there to show them it one evening.

As we walked back to the car, at dusk, amazing things were going on in the parking area.

Must pop up there again on a warm evening.

I have to go out so no time to search for it, but search for "dogging" by Fascinating aida"  (might be miss spelled)

I might be out of date but it used to be the case that not all multiplexes were broadcast at the same power. Typically the multiplexes containing BBC1, ITV etc were quite a bit more powerful than the lesser multiplexes such as COM8. It could just be his set up isn't good enough to receive  COM/Now 80s.