Remodel/rooflift concepts - is this even possible without some whopping steel frame?

We are still exploring the 3 potentially financially crippling routes of roof lift by 1m + remodel, demolishment + rebuild, or extension and remodel (garden is pretty big). We've had the concept back from the architect on the roof lift and my gut says that removing the original gable end wall running through the open plan living area (for background bungalow has already been extended out to the right on plan from existing gable hence why it's still present) will require excessive costs to engineer a solution, that's not to mention the massive windows shown in the open plan living area further complicating this engineering feat.

For info we have a VAT reduction due to it being empty down to 5% but this doesn't include DIY as there is no reclaim method so other than doing some finishing the bulk of the work in this option will get done by a series of contracts or one main contractor and there is probably not much logic sourcing our own materials for these contract(s). Does this look completely pie in the sky for our original budget of 200k? I just can't imagine what a structural engineer would think of this current plan!!!! Now rationally you ditch the open plan space and have a separate kitchen dining area in the far right side to maintain some of the existing walls including that internal gable but with 4 dormers and some shrunk kitchen diner windows I still have a sinking feeling about the cost.

Anyone with any experience of roof lifts and/or difficult remodels, is this concept fantasy within our price bracket even with retaining extra walls and smaller patio doors to get anywhere near our original 200k budget or is this type of work so extensive that there really will be little difference in cost to rebuild? Albeit rebuild will no doubt come with much more extended planning process and therefore add time as we were hoping to be in by September 2020 at the latest.

For info bungalow is 117sqm +conservatory + double garage at the moment so demolishment for replacement won't be a bargain even with us doing as much as possible, haven't got round to estimating the likely tonnage of waste it might produce yet but I will and I suspect it will be more than I think.