Should I buy this autofeed screwdriver for plasterboard?

Roz

I was thinking of hiring but then as I will need to use again, perhaps buying something is more sensible. I would like to get something by Thursday / Friday... any of these do the job of fixing plasterboard to battens?

SENCO DURASPIN DS200-AC 2nd hand £99

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SENCO-DURASPIN-DS200-AC-AUTO-FEED-SCREWDRIVER-SCREWGUN-25-50mm-110v-VERY-CLEAN-/113787493419?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10

Senco DS5550 DURASPIN £110

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SENCO-DS5550-DURASPIN-SCREWDRIVER-25-55MM-5000-RPM-110-VOLT-AUTOFEED-SCREWGUN/123843059900?epid=1037237464&hash=item1cd59f20bc:g:NRcAAOSwzYNdHSqU

Senco  DS7525-AC new £179

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Senco-DS7525-AC-110V-Duraspin-75mm-2500-RPM-Auto-feed-Screwdriver-110v/232610662470?epid=1737291830&hash=item3628ad0846:g:gDkAAOSwE7JahTDR

Orrrrr something else? I'd ideally like to keep it under £100 unless resale would be good. 

25 minutes ago, joe90 said:

8 minutes ago, Construction Channel said:

Do you already own any cordless tools? 

If so possibly look if they make one. 

If not senco are a very good tool, but I agree I personally would want cordless

Is there a difference in cordless other than the cord? Eg in power or weight orrrr whatever

we have a Makita but have heard the makita version of this might be a bit unreliable 

12 minutes ago, Roz said:

Is there a difference in cordless other than the cord? Eg in power or weight orrrr whatever

we have a Makita but have heard the makita version of this might be a bit unreliable 

I get on with the makita fine. Yes they jam sometimes but as long as you sort it on the first jam they are fine. Imo

I’d stay away from the senco 

They where one of the first But haven’t really come on 

Hilti are light years ahead of the others A corded is about 120 quid 

and a collated end about 90 

2 year no qible guarantee

I use them for two years then stick them on eBay for £100

Same with the batterie kits

But not worth buying for one job

On 06/08/2019 at 18:42, Ed Davies said:

Just checking, but you've got 110V anyway I take it?

was this about the makita? I thought we had an old makita with battery we could use on the makita collated screwdriver but apparently its gone!

On 06/08/2019 at 20:50, CC45 said:

I've got the 18v dewalt one - brilliant.  Its resting now before the final bit of boarding.  Its not for sale!

On 06/08/2019 at 18:42, Russell griffiths said:

Buy the 18 volt dewalt and I will have it off you in 4-5 months time. ?

Seems a bit out of my price range ?

1 hour ago, Roz said:

was this about the makita?

No, it was about the three eBay Senco ones in your first post; all three are 110 volt so would need a site transformer (one of those yellow blocks) to work off normal 230V mains.

I have the Senco one on the old Nicad batteries and it is a great bit of kit. Just make sure you change the drive bit regular and you are ok. @Triassichas a point but I have has mine for a few years and it has paid for itself many times over. Bought mine in the states so it was a lot cheaper as it was nearly two dollars to the pound then.

1 hour ago, Triassic said:

Me and the labourer have just driven 2500 screws over the last two days. I hammer the screw in about 50mm and he followed on and drove them home. Not sure you need a collated driver for a self Build.

Iv heard the term "the drivers just for taking them out" 

But have you really just hammered in 2.5k screws for the last 2 days? 

2 hours ago, Triassic said:

Me and the labourer have just driven 2500 screws over the last two days. I hammer the screw in about 50mm and he followed on and drove them home. Not sure you need a collated driver for a self Build.

I hope you don't mean as in you hit them with a hammer?