Minimum cover depth for roof water drainage pipe?

Any 110mm pipe that is going to be under 300mm deep really needs to be concrete capped, even if it is only to protect it when you landscape over as a whacker plate will stick MoT1 through UPVC pipe with ease 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Any 110mm pipe that is going to be under 300mm deep really needs to be concrete capped, even if it is only to protect it when you landscape over as a whacker plate will stick MoT1 through UPVC pipe with ease 

Thanks I can work with 300mm, in fact in the absence of any regulations I would have self imposed a minimum depth equivalent to a vigorous plunge of a garden fork.

Some other reading got me thinking the minimum cover was 600mm.

I had a similar thing, pedestrian traffic only, and ended up speaking to Marley technical. They said anything above 600mm should have a concrete cap (slabs or in situ concrete) over the top. 75mm gravel between crown of pipe and base of concrete.

• Like 1

Our neighbours foul drain pipe is visible.  It's a clay pipe that can be seen where it crosses the stream bed.  Not sure when it was put in, probably 50 years or so ago when mains drainage came to the village.  I doubt it complied with any regulations, even when it was first laid.

I chopped a chunk out of the top of the clay drain pipe from the kitchen sink in the (I assume 1970s or 80s) extension of the house I'm renting with a hover mower. I'd noticed it just poking out of the ground and avoided it before but the grass was a bit long and I forgot.