High ceilings and window head height.

Oz07

With having approx 2550 ceilings on a new place what would an appropriate window head height be?

I always understood it was correct to have all head heights the same, say 2100. This would leave a massive head above window internally though of 18", may look a bit daft.

What did all you fellow self builders do with your light a airy high ceiling'd homes?

22 minutes ago, Oz07 said:

With having approx 2550 ceilings on a new place what would an appropriate window head height be?

I always understood it was correct to have all head heights the same, say 2100. This would leave a massive head above window internally though of 18", may look a bit daft.

What did all you fellow self builders do with your light a airy high ceiling'd homes?

As previously stated 

2100 is a standard height to run inline with door heads But with such a low ceiling height 1950 may be more practical and look better 

15 minutes ago, nod said:

As previously stated 

2100 is a standard height to run inline with door heads But with such a low ceiling height 1950 may be more practical and look better 

2550 is a high ceiling.

We have standard 2100 window heads on bedrooms with high ceilings, but in all cases the high ceiling above the windows forms a vaulted gable end, and there the high ceiling looks just fine above a standard height window head.

Worrying over nothing then. I just thought that 450mm of plaster above a head may look odd. My true ceiling height is actually 2700 but want airtightness then around 150mm void with ceiling below to create void for services and mvhr