Paint colour for a big white cuboid

Pete

What colour white have people chosen for their build. People have said are you using just every day good old white emulsion or are we going with a strong white, elephants breath or gnomes testicles are other suggestions. Going to use just ordinary white to get basic colour and then decide whether to use this as final colour or over paint with a slightly different white. Only sensible replies please!!

Is this internal or external?

For external I used a polar white which has no creamy tones in it.

For internal I had a mix done....has a code number but nearest is Dulux Chalk White which is a white with a blue undertone so again  no yellowy tones. What you may term a cold white as opposed to a warmer white which has creamy or pinky undertone. I chose a cool white as my floor is a limestone colour so not cold and this colour gives me the soft feel I wanted also a soft chalky finish paint for me as I dont have little fingers to worry about.

It is the undertone in the white you need to think about.  I would paint a big piece of lining paper (or a few) in several different whites and stick up on walls in different areas and look at in different lights at different time of day.

Whites can be very hard to get right.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

What colour [...] elephants breath or gnomes testicles [...] ? Only sensible replies please!!

The guy makes me wince, but here's the first of two videos which will make for pleasant fire-side watching this evening....

A colour designer (family friend) says that if you are going to use white, pick an accent colour and echo it - sparingly - round the house.