Window fitting rules and regs

Can anybody tell me in layman’s terms how I can fit my own windows, I intend having the lift and slide door fitted by the supplier but would like to fit the windows myself, what are the legalities of this ??, how does it work with building control ??, who else do I have to satisfy??

bloody hell more questions about windows than the rest of the whole build. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

Can anybody tell me in layman’s terms how I can fit my own windows, I intend having the lift and slide door fitted by the supplier but would like to fit the windows myself, what are the legalities of this ??, how does it work with building control ??, who else do I have to satisfy??

bloody hell more questions about windows than the rest of the whole build. 

Absolutely no problem fitting any of your windows and doors 

All BC will be concerned with is that they are sealed correctly 

Your supplier will provide you with all the U value spec etc Which you can pass on to BC

Fensa is for replacement windows, all it does is prove your windows have been fitted by a competent person registered with Fensa and you receive a certificate for doing so. Confirming that they have been fitted by a registered installer and fitted to BC standards.

The installer, not the manufacturer or supplier are fensa registered. When the supplier installs, they are both supplier and installer.

You do not need to be Fensa registered to replace windows in an existing property, it helps but is not essential.

Edited by craig
  • Like 1