Click Mode switches

ToughButterCup

I am just waking up to the potential that Click Mode switches offer. I think I understand how they allow users to switch a variety of electrical resources from the same switch plate.

Knowing that the Commentariat will have a much more sophisticated overview of what they can do, would you care to share how you have used them in your build, please?

Thanks

I like that you can change the modules and have several intermediates on 1 switch plate, where nobody else seems to do, say, a 3 gang with 2 intermediates and a 2 way unless you go for a grid switch. Decent value too.

I'm a big fan of Click in general - huge range in a good selection of finishes, at a reasonable price. Click Mode is very handy, as you've said.

Only downside I've found is that their dimmers are (or at least were - last bought them 5 years ago) rubbish. Leading-edge rather than trailing edge and no soft start. Played havoc with the transformer in my halogen lights.

Click is my brand of choice now, made easier by the fact that Toolstation now stock them so I now have a local over the counter source as well as mail order.

Tip:  If you want a multi gang light switch with some intermediate switches, I usually change ALL the switch modules on that plate for intermediate, because there is a slight difference in feel of their operation.  Don't forget an intermediate can function as a single pole 1 way or 2 way as well.

Yes, folks: thanks.

Scolmore don't exactly go out of their way to make it easy for customers do they? My God they're as bad as Geberit. 

There are no fewer than 6 brands to get your head round and some really masticated, bumptious sales waffle. Scolmore products might be about simplicity, but the marketing is the polar (oooops, sorry, that's one of their Brands) opposite.

Add to that, they employ common words  as their Brand names: Click, Polar, Mode, Define, Smart. Really stupid. The minute you do an Internet search for, say, 'Polar' you get thousands of irrelevant results. I'd better not say anything about their website - well, dreadful will do.

Grrr.

I have the Click Definity range in polar white.

Very discreet & will be good when need to redecorate as you can remove the front plate.

Agree impossible to suss what I needed from catalogue or website.

My electrician made a list & I emailed it to UK Electrical Supplies & they sorted it out for me.

They were really helpful & good prices too.