SolFit

willbish

• 1 year later...
38 minutes ago, willbish said:

Price and availability of install information. 

I felt well prepared to DIY after reading everything written about GSE on Buildhub.

Will have a search - cheers. Did you go direct or through a merchant?

8 hours ago, Alexphd1 said:

https://midsummerwholesale.co.uk/buy/roof-integrated-solar-pv

Thats a decent price to kick off with then shop around. 

We used GSE in roof on 1st build but planning to use easyroof system as it integrates very nicely with velux windows.

Thanks. Will do some looking around and get quotes. I read the GSE system integrates with Fakro flashing which might be interesting.

1 hour ago, Sandybay said:

would it be a diy fit to a bungalow roof

It certainly can be. Jobs include fixing extra battens, mounting trays, routing DC cables, fixing flashings and getting the panels on the roof (definitely a two person job!)

1 hour ago, Sandybay said:

are they best fitted before slate goes on? 

Depends where on the roof you are putting the panels.

If you are putting them at the eaves/gutter you can start straight away with the trays before any slates.

If positioning them mid way up the roof then the bottom flashing goes over the slates so in my opinion it's easier for slates first up to the line of the trays.

Lateral positioning is also important so you don't end up with a sliver of slate at the side flashings.

I posted some detailed photos on Instagram, which shows how I did a mixture of slates then trays then the last slates and finally the panels. Although appreciate that if you are working with contractors this is probably not possible unless they like coming and going alot.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9q63EUnlmQ/?igshid=mhyygq9ysf1u

Edited by willbish