Fan Coil Units for use with a (cooling) ASHP

I'm early on looking into this cooling. Planning to cool UFH at ~15 and fancoils at 7-8, so running at 2 temperatures.

It looks like the Daikin Altherma 3 all-in-one can do bizone heating at different temperatures- so presumably could do bizone cooling too? This would avoid the need for a buffer.

Edited by NCXo82ike

55 minutes ago, NCXo82ike said:

I'm early on looking into this cooling. Planning to cool UFH at ~15 and fancoils at 7-8, so running at 2 temperatures.

It looks like the Daikin Altherma 3 all-in-one can do bizone heating at different temperatures- so presumably could do bizone cooling too? This would avoid the need for a buffer.

Fan coils may drive a buffer as they only hold a litre of water. Plus depending on which fan coil they may have a set or adjustable fan start thermostat, so as you heat pump cycles so will the fan coil fan on and off. So steady flow temps may be an advantage.

Before you go spending a lot of time and effort could I point out my recent experience with a mini-split. I had assumed that the cooling effect would be like the heating but just the opposite way round. Not so, when heating the effect is very localised but when cooling the cold air sinks down and spills across the floors. So one little mini-split is cooling the whole of our ground floor.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...