Cleaning Gutters

Hi,

I'm looking at green things growing out of my gutters again. Time for a clean. I've a two story house and was looking at a product like Gutter Getters to help reduce the number of ladder moves. Also was thinking of buying those hedgehog gutter brushes you can lay to slow down leaves etc building up. So two questions for forum users:

• What tool do you use / recommend for cleaning gutters? 
  • Do you have any gutter guards installed and what's your experience of them, are they worth it? 

Thanks! 

Edited by mike2016

+1 for Hedgehogs, they are brilliant. 

We had them in the gutters of the last house, where we initially had a problem with moss growing on the tiles and breaking away and clogging the gutters, and Hedgehogs completely fixed the problem.  I pulled the Hedgehogs out and checked the gutters before we put the house on the market last year, and after ten years or so without being touched they were all as clean as a whistle.  I fitted Hedgehogs here when the house was first built, based on our experience at the old house.

I dont have any gutters on this house but I have used hedgehogs in my (2) downpipes to soundproof them,  It sounded like bongos with large metal downpipes and huge volume of water coming off roof at speed.  Very effective they are now silent.

I have some hedgehog left over, not sure how many metres but if a large amount not needed and its enough you would be welcome to it.  Just cluttering up my garage.

I put some hedgehog brushes in some hard-to-reach sections of guttering.  They ended up hanging out after strong winds, so I binned them and put in the cage type leaf guards that fit in the top of the down pipe.  

We put hedgehogs in some gutters but kept on seeing water pour over the gutter in down pours - gutters were clean so decided to remove the HH just to see - problem went.  Perhaps the fall on the gutters wasn't enough and the HH slowed the flow of water too much?