Heatmiser Thermostat

Ricco

I would be interested to hear what Heatmiser support said, they wern't overly helpful when i was last in touch with them about my odd issue!

So i have a fix!!!

After trying everything i could possibly think of i gave up and taped a piece of cardboard over the one in my daughters room and sort of forgot about it for the past year and a bit.

The cardboard got knocked and the backlight was annoying my daughter, so i took to it again.

I unscrewed the circuit board from the front display and removed the 5 metal contact that make the touch sensitive "buttons" work. I put it back together (the thermostat cannot be adjusted in the room now, but it's not an issue as i always use the app) and no more illuminating of the back light.

Give it a try, and let me know if you have the same success.

• 1 year later...

I’ve just realised I never followed up on this one. 

I spoke to Heatmiser technical and they told me the proximity sensors calibrate each time the thermostat is turned on after being switched off at the FCU for the boiler etc. My wife’s dressing gown was resting against it every time I had done this previously, which messed up the calibration. 

I removed the dressing gown, power cycled and it’s been fine since!!