On 21/07/2019 at 20:41, joe90 said:

did ring the council about plastic waste, I told them new house and new furniture ?all wrapped in plastic, they told me the re cycling centre would not take it and suggested I bagged it every two weeks and let the dustmen take it, go figure.

I have two black bins dotted around the house, every bit of waste goes into them and every two weeks I fill black bin bags and stuff them into our domestic waste wheels bin, the bin man empties the bin without question. I compost all cardboard and paper.

14 hours ago, Triassic said:

Sounds like the Grange Over Sands tip. Only open three days a week and conveniently hidden up a narrow track between two houses and not sign posted!

Kendal

It sounds like I am spoiled then!

There are 2 tips I can go to, 1 where they would not let me in with the Land Rover, as mentioned earlier in this thread; and I only went there because the other was closed for renovations, and another one not far from my house.

I have never so much as seen a queue and the guys really don't give a hoot about anything - their attitude is just dump the rubbish and go. If you show up with anything remotely valuable looking, like bits of twin and earth, they will "help" you. 

I have so far, during this build, dumped my entire sunroom there - from the roof to the skirting boards, PB the lot.