Help with sealing poorly made drafty door in conservatory

We need assistance with sealing an extremely poorly constructed wood door in our conservatory. We've completed a number of projects around the house, and now need to turn our attention to sealing this drafty door before the winter.

If you take a look at the photos, you'll see that we have a 1.5cm wide gap at the bottom of the door, and a similar one at the top. Last winter, we just ran some sticky rubber trimming to seal the top portion to prevent the rain coming in, but we need a solution to sort this out properly.  

I've given this some thought and as a newbie DIYer, I cannot think of a way that I can seal this gap to keep the wind and cold air out. 

The previous owners also appear to used the wrong paint on the exterior which is flaking given they claim to have painted the conservatory 18 months ago - so we'll be sanding this down in the weeks ahead and repainting with exterior paint but want to figure out how to seal these gaps in the door.

Any suggestions would be massively appreciated.  

IMG_0786.JPG

IMG_0785.JPG

IMG_0784.JPG

IMG_0783.JPG

IMG_0782.JPG

Qlon seals that can be fitted to timber doors?

I think you cut a channel in to the door for the seal to attach to the door. The seal has a foam inner and waterproof outer. The foam then compresses to the shape of the gap. You can get various thicknesses. 

On 20/07/2019 at 15:20, j_s said:

Qlon seals that can be fitted to timber doors?

I think you cut a channel in to the door for the seal to attach to the door. The seal has a foam inner and waterproof outer. The foam then compresses to the shape of the gap. You can get various thicknesses. 

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm going to look at Qlon and see whether it'll do the trick.

• 3 weeks later...

in picture 1 there are 2 grooves in the door are these as deep as the grove in the door in picture 2? that is a groove for a seal which you appear to be missing, is there anything on the bottom of the doors? also the seal on your cover plate appears to be falling off, i presume it is just a crappy self adhesive one? anything fitted to the hinge side? as ideally there should be a seal on the door as well there are seals available in a variety of sizes and shapes and only with measuring the gap between the door can you pick the right one the most typical type is called a timber flipper seal