DIY scaffold weather enclosure.

Has anyone ever attempted this?

The weather forecast is all over the place at the moment and they say it will be a wet autumn. 

What I have in mind isn’t the type that go over existing scaffolds. I want a independent structure that I could build off the top of my retaining wall.

Any advice on the layout of bars would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

38 minutes ago, K78 said:

[...]

I want a independent structure that I could build off the top of my retaining wall.

[...]

I went into this question in detail. Conclusion? It's one for the professionals

Cost for a 10m by 10m house: £5000 flat. No rental for a year.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AnonymousBosch said:

I went into this question in detail. Conclusion? It's one for the professionals

Cost for a 10m by 10m house: £5000 flat. No rental for a year.

‘I’ll be giving that a miss then. 

When I considered building a straw bale house some years ago I planned to build a scaffold around and over it before starting, corrugated roof and tarp sides, plan was to keep wet out and be able to work during rain. I went to a scaffold merchant in Bristol and he quoted me about £7k fir the scaffold and told me as long as I kept it clean and oiled it would keep most of its price and he would probably buy it back after a couple of years. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, joe90 said:

When I considered building a straw bale house some years ago I planned to build a scaffold around and over it before starting, corrugated roof and tarp sides, plan was to keep wet out and be able to work during rain. I went to a scaffold merchant in Bristol and he quoted me about £7k fir the scaffold and told me as long as I kept it clean and oiled it would keep most of its price and he would probably buy it back after a couple of years. 

I have the a 4m retaining wall that will be behind my house that I could build some thing off and the house is only 6m wide. 

Buying seems to make more sense than renting with scaffolding. 

6 hours ago, K78 said:

[...]

Buying seems to make more sense than renting with scaffolding. 

In a self-build, there is a strong business case for purchase. Provided you take great care in the scaffold build phase, and then make safety almost an obsession, I see little down side.

Well, maybe this is a down side ....