Can I have a look, please?

Bored Shopper

As we're progressing through BR stage, we've visited a few construction sites of proposed builders, and that was hugely useful. But owners are rarely present.

Are there any self-builders here based in Surrey / Berkshire currently in the middle of their proud project who would be willing to do a quick show-around of their site and share a bit of wisdom / vent frustrations etc? Nothing like seeing the real deal not through main contractor's eyes but via the self-building owner's...

In turn, once we open our dig up, we'll be happy to pass it forward and receive visits from anyone at an earlier stage...

23 hours ago, Russell griffiths said:

You might be better not viewing by area but by build type, what method do you want to use

no point looking at an icf build that’s 10 mins down the road if your going timberframe. 

That is very true, but there are not that many self-builds from ground zero in our area (mostly extensions), so beggars can't be choosers. It's not feasible for us to travel to, say, Scotland to find a precise match to what we're trying to build. ?

11 minutes ago, Bored Shopper said:

That is very true, but there are not that many self-builds from ground zero in our area (mostly extensions), so beggars can't be choosers. It's not feasible for us to travel to, say, Scotland to find a precise match to what we're trying to build. ?

You may be surprised, I have had 6-7 different visitors to my place and they all came from under 15mins away

theres probably more than you think. 

• Like 1