Thoughts on Wall-mounted faucets, both bathrooms and kitchen

puntloos

9 hours ago, puntloos said:

Ah but what about the other wine glass.. and nibbles, a book.. candles.. monitor for movies... 

OK slightly more seriously,  I didn't think of the flat side, perhaps that'll work.. still, obviously(?) a bath with a surrounding ridge and/or a windowsill nearby provides a bit more storage space e.g. shampoo for bathing the kid, perhaps a towel

Any chance you have a picture? When I think of 'freestanding bath' I'm thi

Agreed, flexi looks ugly

Verona-Freestanding-Bath-with-Carrara-Tiles-l.jpg

Could not @Patrick make some of these Bath Companion jobbies out of his yew bush?

Edited by Ferdinand
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

Could not @Patrick make some of these Bath Companion jobbies out of his yew bush?

I've got around 25 of those left over. What would be the going rate for those in your next  friendly bathroom ripoff outlet?

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Patrick said:

I've got around 25 of those left over. What would be the going rate for those in your next  friendly bathroom ripoff outlet?

That would be bathstore who just had an 80% off closing down sale.

How high would you propose one to be?

1 hour ago, Moira Niedzwiecka said:

I have a wall mounted basin tap, floor mounted bath filler & a freestanding bath.

Really pleased with all of them.

Most importantly, I also have a solution to the G & T or glass of wine & book dilemma for a freestanding bath, essential to any decent bathing experience.

Wire shower caddy £19 from TK Maxx. Just the right height.?

DSC01941.JPG

DSC01942.JPG

DSC01945.JPG

DSC01947.JPG

love that basin unit @Moira Niedzwiecka your bathroom looks fab.....are you in yet?

Hi Lizzie,

Not in yet but I have had a couple of baths just to test it out.

The bathroom has turned out really well, full of all my ex display mega bargains.

I am hoping to move in end of August.

Will still be bare plaster & screed downstairs.

Upstairs is a lot further on.

DSC01960.JPG

DSC01954.JPG

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Moira Niedzwiecka said:

Hi Lizzie,

Not in yet but I have had a couple of baths just to test it out.

The bathroom has turned out really well, full of all my ex display mega bargains.

I am hoping to move in end of August.

Will still be bare plaster & screed downstairs.

Upstairs is a lot further on.

DSC01960.JPG

DSC01954.JPG

Its looking great...well done you.  Bare plaster and screed could start a new trend.......bet you enjoyed the bath test runs!

Sure did.

Captain:
Number One. Push off, will you, there's a good fellow. I'm trying to take a relaxing bath! [blows into his bubble pipe]

Number One:
May I respectfully remind you that you've now been in that bath for over three years.

Captain:
Yes, well, one needs to relax a lot in a job like mine.

• Haha 1

MI's  = Manufacturers Instructions.

My bath looks a bit more like the one in the pictures @AnonymousBosch posted above.  One side (the side with the overflow) has a wider, flatter top where you are intended to drill to suit the taps you use, but because I used the floor standing filler it was never drilled. 

The surround that you see is a completely separate bit. That fixes to the floor first then the bath is lowered into it. (the official procedure in the MI's is a bit more complicated if you use their flexi waste)  So you have to lower the bath into the surround which is a 2 person job.

When it comes to 'wall mounted' taps though, are there any installation or maintenance issues that could cause additional problems? Clearly you would need to design your wall to have water outlets. but are there any issues one could/should expect to be a major hassle? Are they harder to fit? etc?

2 hours ago, puntloos said:

When it comes to 'wall mounted' taps though, are there any installation or maintenance issues that could cause additional problems? Clearly you would need to design your wall to have water outlets. but are there any issues one could/should expect to be a major hassle? Are they harder to fit? etc?

No reason I'm thinking why you couldn't use the quick release tap system like I did for wall mount taps. I did it as in effect my taps are against the wall so inaccessible from underneath:

SAM_4742

• 1 year later...

Reviving this one for a moment. 

One key question I realised wasn't touched on yet, but the tap in question - https://www.aliexpress.com/i/32896514433.html still exists but perhaps new ones have surfaced, might give a quick scan:

My kitchen tap will be on the inside of an external wall. Will this cause any type of trouble running some pipes near the surface? Or will this be cold-bridging hell etc :)

Ignore the tap style, and we might actually do away with the window, but something like this:

wallfaucet.thumb.jpg.656a55754b1308e7569cb8e54acb7a0e.jpg