Passive house using Ecococon straw panels

Entropea

Evenin all, embarking on a project to convert an old 70s Atcost reinforced concrete framed agricultural store to a 4 bed passive house for less that 1300 quid a m2. It's being built under permitted development, which has its challenges.

Hoping to keep it VOC and gypsum free. Had to use OPC in the foudations and fiber cement roof, but hopefully that's it. Vicat and lime mortar used in a 5 course high plinth which will be filled with Geocell then a 100mm thick lime screed slab on top. 

More pics to follow, but any words of wisdom appreciated. Some awesome information on here and really inspiring chat.

Looking forward to contributing my mistakes to the community ?

Cheers,

Darren

20190715_154633.jpg

20190102_120122.jpg

Edited by Entropea

On 15/07/2019 at 23:24, Stones said:

Welcome.

I'm curious, When you say permitted development, can you say what section of the relevant PD rules you are working under? 

The part q approval was achieved 3 years ago after appeal, since then I believe case law and guidance has changed so this particular type of conversion would now be considered a new build. Local planning are insisting we apply for a certificate of lawful development, once building control have signed it off.