3G upvc windows

Evening, I think there are people on here that have 3G upvc, we have 5 windows set high up and are thinking we could go upvc as you cannot get within 10m of them so may be able to use a cheaper product up there. 

Did you find there was a good saving on upvc instead of ally clad, and are you happy with them. 

Cheers russ. 

I went with 3g uPVC from Munster joinery (baskil windows in Ni) and there isn't much I can say about them. They keep the wind and rain out the very best and so far over 5 years in they have give me no grief. Cost wise I didn't get any prices for aluclad as at the time the options here where really only upvc or timber. Aluclad where only seen in the self build shows so i hadn't any real world experience of them so didn't give them much of a thought.

Not sure how a mixture of different windows would look though, have you seen this done on any other house???

• Like 1

We're doing similar with Baskil - seems to be about 40% cheaper than Alu or alu clad. The smaller north facing and gable widows will be fixed pane, so plan on these being pvc with minimal frame visible. The rear is a 6m slider with full height windows directly above.... These will be aluminium. Means total cost should be in the low £20k rather than low £30k

• Like 1