repair of underfloor heating

be96erj

Hi, could anyone tell me what they would pay for the following work on their wet underfloor heating system?

image.png.063e27ec3df83206f123bd86a1626544.png

I've been quoted £600 and it and it seems very steep. Anyone got any idea what the going rate for this kind of work would be?

thanks

Welcome.

Breaking that estimate down by item:

Honeywell 2 port valves cost about £80 each and will take maybe an hour to change, at around £20 to £30 per hour, so about £180 to £190.

A power flush takes a couple of hours or so and typically costs around £200 to £300, so that's another fair chunk.

Refilling and testing the system shouldn't take more than an hour, so maybe £20 to £30 for labour.

Inhibitor will be around £30 for 4 litres.

A Salus magnetic filter is about £50

A boiler service is typically around £100 to £120 or so

Adding that lot up comes to a bit over £600, so the price you've been quoted seems about right.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, be96erj said:

Hi, could anyone tell me what they would pay for the following work on their wet underfloor heating system?

image.png.063e27ec3df83206f123bd86a1626544.png

I've been quoted £600 and it and it seems very steep. Anyone got any idea what the going rate for this kind of work would be?

thanks

Quick google shows the filter to be £50 as are the valves so that's £150 in parts. Add £50 for the inhibitor & cleaner and you're up to £200.

So £400 for labour - all depends how many hours they expect to be on the job...

Edit - as ever Jeremy has done a much more thorough job than me :)

Edited by Bitpipe
  • Like 1

I didn’t do anything quite as thorough as the 2 posters above but as soon as you take into account the parts being supplied it looks about the right sort of money to me.