Plumbing dhw

vfrdave

I have my thermal store in although not heated yet.

First shower is in and I am a little concerned that the pressure/flow is low and it drops noticeably when you are looking for hot water (even though it isn't hot yet).

Water is a balanced supply through a thermal store for hot and balanced off a multibloc pressure reducing and relief valve for the cold.

Pressure at mains outside is 4-6 bar and flow somewhere around 40l/min. Can't keep the water in the bucket when running full bore at the start 

Haven't had a chance to chat with plumber yet as it is the holidays in NI but feels like the water system is strangled when it is within the house.

Anyone got any pointers for me.

Just now, Declan52 said:

Is there a reducer on the shower head to limit the flow.

I don't believe so as they quote different flow rates based on pressure received up to 5 bar in their document.

The cold and hot are balanced and reduced to 3 bar for the thermal store. The shower is the only outlet I have currently just seems to reduce in flow heavily when you turn the mixer round for hot water. Lowest temp setting isn't wonderful either.

29 minutes ago, Declan52 said:

Can you connect up something temp to another outlet in a kitchen/utility room and test it just to eliminate the different circuits. 

I would need to rig something up temporary, although there is ballovalves in the kitchen I could open into a 5 gallon drum. The system probably has some air needs purged also.

18 minutes ago, dpmiller said:

watch the gauge on the PRV while someone turns on the shower...

There is no garage on the multibloc though I think one can be added to it easily.

I'm probably concerned too soon before the system is purged etc though there is auto vent thingies.