"Bouncy" floor dilemma....

Rob99

In spite of my seemingly best OCD approach to levelling my existing floors before installing wunda overlay boards and UFH, a few months on and I have discovered the engineered click system flooring in the middle of the room is distinctly bouncy and deflects by about 3-5mm when walked over. It seems to be an isolated area, only about 300x300 so must just be a dip in the existing screed which I missed originally..!!

If it was around the edge or under the furniture I wouldn't bother but its right where you walk through the room and makes the coffee table rock when you walk past. 

My dilemma now is how to deal with it......it's impossible to lift just a small section in the middle and I really can't rip the whole floor up so I'm wondering if drilling a hole in the middle and gunning a load of gripfill or something similar under the flooring would solve the problem.

Any thoughts appreciated.

This was the thread. Page 1 you want. It was @Stones used Fix A Floor on his engineered oak floor in a similar situation to yours. 

Interesting you say you paid attention to levels. Is it that there's a hollow underneath or is the floor covering bowed? Not that it really matters. I wonder if you have to inject this stuff then weight the floor down and / or keep off it until it's set? Maybe a leave overnight job.

Edited by Onoff

We weighed the floor down after injecting the adhesive, using a bucket of water, the idea being that this levelled things out and ensured you were not overfilling (excess will come out the filling hole when weighted). Couple of different approaches to drilling the floor, you can either drill a bigger hole then plug it, or a smaller hole and fill the furniture repair wax. We tried both and I preferred the latter.

Thanks @Stones that's very helpful, cheers.

i just love the way people share knowledge and experience on these forums 

Off to buy some fix a floor methinks

Edited by Rob99
  • Like 1