Humidity controller for MVHR

I've just bought one of the polish DCH-100 humidity controller that were previously recommended on ebuild.

I can't find the post but I seem to remember someone saying that they positioned the sensor for the controller directly into extract manifold box.  From what I can see that sensor is not exactly a tiny thing so wondering how this was done?  Was it just a case of drilling the manifold with a hole for the cable and feeding the cable back through then sealing cable hole with duct seal?

I can't think of any other way.

Yes, and yes ..!

Depending on who's manifold you have, they will either have a lift off lid or some sort of access to add in the blanking plates. 

Alternative is to cut a slit and hole in the pipe to the main unit at one end and then feed the sensor up into that, sealing the cut with duct tape. 

Not sure of the best location for the sensor itself yet - needs to be in the airflow I think but should it be in the middle or would one side be ok ..??

Its the BPC manifolds (flat rectangular shape) that I have with the 63/75 semi rigid pipe.

I was actually thinking about drilling the extract manifold box itself but now you mention it I think I have one inlet blanked off so I can just drill the plastic blanking cap and feed the sensor through there.

For sensor mounting I was just going to try and get it as close to the centre of the extract manifold as possible and bond it down with duct seal or a sticky pad of some sort.