utility room ventilation info required

ppeetteerr

Hello all, I am just completing a new build utility room in my house and need advice on ventilation.

The room is :

• appx 13cubed mts (2.4m x 3.3m x 1.6m)
  • has no window ventilation
  • has washing machine and tumble drier (tumble drier is vented through wall to outside)
  • has small freezer
  • has 2x 300 watt towel rail radiators

I am thinking that I need to get warm/humid air out and fresh air in.

Is that correct ?

Could you please advise on best way to achieve this and any info on appliances required.

Regards.

Hello, thanks for reply but the units advised seen to retain the heat in the room.

What I am aiming for (as the utility room has a lot of heat generating items: 2x towel rails, tumble drier, wife doing the ironing etc) is apart from extracting humidity and heat to also bring in cool air (summer and winter)

Any advise please

Regards.

On 09/07/2019 at 14:48, nod said:

I’ve just a 100 mil core hole to the outside with a bathroom type wall fan 

Seems to work ok

@ppeetteerrThis is it then. "cool" air will be drawn from the house automatically then. Unless you want to go deeper into the problem, as you could use the overheating of the utility room to heat the rest of the house, but than you would need to look into mvhr for the whole house. Have a look on the mvhr topics on here for more info.

Edited by Patrick

12 minutes ago, ppeetteerr said:

Hello, thanks for reply but the units advised seen to retain the heat in the room.

What I am aiming for (as the utility room has a lot of heat generating items: 2x towel rails, tumble drier, wife doing the ironing etc) is apart from extracting humidity and heat to also bring in cool air (summer and winter)

Any advise please

Regards.

Being accurate the units recover heat rather than retain it. The outgoing warm, moist air runs over a heat exchanger and warms the incoming cold air.