Do I need the Party Wall Act

11 minutes ago, Willow said:

We are building our new build 1.5m maybe 2m  away from both neighbouring properties but excavating less than 3m, i'm trying to get insurance quotes , turning into a nightmare . 

Per @PeterW's post, the key distance is that between your structures (which may be less than the distance between the actual walls when foundation widths are taken into consideration.

The depth is relevant if you're going lower than their foundation depth which you'll need to guesstimate to some degree, when was their house built?

image.png.03e1bbed4ae04224d73a909af72cc873.png 

Edited by Bitpipe

I have looked at the government sites but I'm a woman lol,   there will be maximum 1.5m -2m distance between our properties, they are lower than us and I know we are definately not going below their foundations with our footings, their  house was build in the late 60s i think. 

• 4 months later...

Are you 100% sure you won't be going lower than your neighbor's foundations? Any surveyor should be able to tell you the likely foundations on your neighbor's house. I imagine you know your foundation design already i.e. depth?