Natural Stone Window Surrounding set Project

Iain Ross

Hi,
I am planning to do some work this year in July on my parents’ house which they bought 10 years ago, nothing considerable has been done on the house as they are can't afford the majority of the project that are present to them. 

I am taking on the project to help them out and to make a change, right now I am in the process of ordering the stone window surrounding set so it's ready for next week. I've talked thing out with my parent and we are looking to integrate the security roller shutter in the tight space behind the stone head of the window set so that box doesn't appear ugly. we are also planning to put a tilt & turn aluminium window in the two opening and put in a lintel above the 180 x 180mm shutter box. I was thinking of replacing the timber lintel to a steel beam with 200mm end bearing on each side. 

I will probably need to buy some arcow prop and some strong boy for this kind of job but don't know how many for a 600mm opening in a stone wall. probably 2, to support the timber floor joists inside and 4 for the window opening. Please let me know if am wrong.

At the moment I need some advice on what lintel to purchase on your but need reassurance on the right lintel for the job.
I will leave the detail below for your advice
Span of opening: 600mm
Wall construction: Stone Wall (solid wall) no cavity
Masonry height: 2m above, has roof load and floor joist bearing (2 storey)

I will leave photos of the natural window surrounding set plan and a few photos of the 2-storey house.

If you have any advice, I will be happy to listen

15624644940.PNG

20190506_125048.jpg

plan.jpg

stone set.jpg

or this.jpg

Edited by Iain Ross