foam 

or smoke bomb on a fireproof surface through the loft hatch 

and get out for three hours 

The later sounds the safest 

Anyone any experience of wasps   

Those wasps didn't stand stand a chance 

A3ED0A43-4768-4F08-A4A2-EB4F6B6EC32E.jpeg

Edited by nod

Last year we had a huge cloud of wasps coming out of the soffit in a hard to reach place. I drove miles to purchase several cans of wasp killer intending to rig up something on a pole. Got a can tapped to the end of the pole and discovered....the wasps had buggered off on their own. Wasted about three hours. 

• Haha 1

I dealt with one on the "squirt and run" principle last year,  Run up the ladder, long squirt in the hole, quickly down the ladder and hide for a while.  

Once squirted, it seemed to deter the returning wasps from going back in.

I previously dealt with one by dressing up in all my motorbike hear including helmet and gloves, then taping all the joints and going in to do the squirting.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Temp said:

Google says do it at night as they are less aggressive then. Use a red cloth over your torch to stop them heading for your light.

16 minutes ago, JSHarris said:

I made a gadget to blow powder into a wasp nest entry hole, whilst standing a safe distance away.  Works really well:

271947729_Wasppumpdrawing.thumb.jpg.0127aa39de733d390ba3251236bf5b76.jpg903276336_Wasppump6.JPG.e323dd3b3d883c42e8591121713db9d8.JPG617649188_Wasppump5.thumb.JPG.14ba263ac470574471af83f74725d4b0.JPG1082372470_Wasppump4.JPG.85a9204ce3ae8325526d6ac7c1e1ec99.JPG907254354_Wasppump1.thumb.JPG.9f58c72cc6c4a8b3c33f44e7ddb87c45.JPG1387665118_Waspnestinjectionpoint.thumb.JPG.d3b897c86fb1e2c94775cdd680447fa7.JPG

Ingenious JS

Ive seen worse on the dragons den 

Pity you're the other end of the country, as you'd be welcome to borrow it.  I just used a compressor with the tyre inflater hose to blow air into the base, which blows the powder deep into the nest.  Takes a couple of seconds, and if done in the late evening is pretty safe.  Still a good idea to run away as quickly as possible,  though, as the little buggers get mighty angry, very quickly.

yearly problem here --they are always trying to build a nests soemewhere-in soffits --in bushes  in a old dustbin 

I eventually went to EBAY and bought one of those wasp powder pump things --it works well --but so will @JSHarris gadget 

plenty of powder and on anything they stand on to crawl up the wall to get in --once they have it on their feet --they are done--same as ant powder.#

Ihad one upstairs in my workshop in a storage area a few years ago --they came in through a hole inthe metal cladding ,where the old LPG pipe used to come ,but had not been blocked

I thin it was more than one year --cos  when i moved plies of packing to find it was the size of an armchair --

quick exit _lots of wasp killer /nest disolver purchased-hit it whilst wearing spray suit and air fed mask  -- within a couple of day all gone ---