Warranty and Passive Slab Foundations

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

@SuperJohnG just checked the statement of facts on my policy and it definitely says SIP on there as the method of construction. 

I found getting a warranty/BC to be one of the more tedious tasks. A lot of work to either get a 'no' or a stupid premium - and I consider it to be worthless but a necessary evil for remortgaging purposes with made it all the more annoying I had to invest time in this charade!!

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, LA3222 said:

@SuperJohnG just checked the statement of facts on my policy and it definitely says SIP on there as the method of construction. 

I found getting a warranty/BC to be one of the more tedious tasks. A lot of work to either get a 'no' or a stupid premium - and I consider it to be worthless but a necessary evil for remortgaging purposes with made it all the more annoying I had to invest time in this charade!!

@LA3222 currently echoing exactly your comments above.

In good news I checked my protek account and albeit was originally refused as it was SIPS ( i was originally told over phone it was a no to sips around 6 months ago then around two weeks ago online again)....they seem to.have now given me a price for it...they just hadn't sent an email to say it had now changed. £2900 odds....i don't have BC as the LA do that in scotland. Its still a sore one but 400 quid cheaper than self build zone 

• Like 1