Thermal Store truth and lies?

Sounds like a man with a (partly political) mission to me.  Thermal stores aren't generally the most efficient way of providing hot water, though, especially vented ones.  A UVC is a bit less lossy and more efficient overall, although a thermal store can make sense if you have something like a solid fuel heat source, where there is a benefit in being able to do a short, hot, burn and then store the heat for both hot water and space heating until the next burn.  Not exactly environmentally friendly, though, burning stuff that produces a fair bit of air pollution.

I agree with some of what he says ,but as i said in the other  thread ,If you have space for both solar thermal and PV panels and a large tank then I believe there is a way use and  get best from both systems working together with large very TALLthermal store 

Edited by scottishjohn

Interesting as his "commercial flat pack" thermal store in his image is actually a chill tank that is used as a buffer in big AC installations - that image belongs to Sirac who manufacture large scale heat pumps for industry...

He also contradicts that he doesn't use any pumps, yet has an image for a solar controller that has a pump on it... So his "no pumps, no controls" system has pumps and controllers...

It smells more of £5 for nowt..!

• Like 1