CT1 or Sikaflex

JanetE

4 hours ago, PeterW said:

Do you use the "proper" gun with that @Nickfromwales or just a standard foam gun...?

Pink do their own gun which seems to diffuse differently from the regular guns.

If it's getting sent down a chuckaway straw then it won't matter TBH. 

The PG cans come gun or hand ready, but that means you get a free straw with every can so decide how you intend to applicate....gun to surface or hand held straw through a gap and go from there. 

@Nickfromwales final question on this one i hope..... my existing gun lives on the foam can, you can leave it for weeks and weeks without a problem even if you dont use it, would this be the same with the pink grip foam cans ? I feel i could get more use out of the pink as it seems to be more of an adhesive than just a window / door filling foam and  i have my other foam for this. Thanks 

18 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

Yup. As long as the foam can't get to atmosphere it'll stay good for ages. Clean the tip with gun cleaner and happy days. 

I've had a can on a gun that's not been used for over 6 months, chipped off the crusty tip with a stanly knife and away it goes.

Note, buy a big bottle of isopropyl alcohol on eBay as it's the only thing that will remove the wet from from your hands or other surfaces before it goes off (and stains your skin black). Even if you wear gloves, it always seems to find you somehow! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bitpipe said:

I've had a can on a gun that's not been used for over 6 months, chipped off the crusty tip with a stanly knife and away it goes.

Note, buy a big bottle of isopropyl alcohol on eBay as it's the only thing that will remove the wet from from your hands or other surfaces before it goes off (and stains your skin black). Even if you wear gloves, it always seems to find you somehow! 

These wipes contain voodoo ingredients which get it off too if your quick. I don't know what's in them but their fantastic. 

24 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

These wipes contain voodoo ingredients which get it off too if your quick. I don't know what's in them but their fantastic. 

My joiner had something equivalent and I was always nicking them while he was here so went down to the decorators merchant to get more. Turns out they do a spray of the voodoo liquid and it's been my go-to cleaner ever since.

Especially good at removing the residue from sticky labels.

I'm sure someone will be along soon to tell us what the active ingredients are... 

1 hour ago, Nickfromwales said:

You'll need some foam to stop the board touching the block work. How much is dependant on how good the block work is, or if your going over cables etc.  

I was wondering more about over studwork, Nick.

You can use DryFix over studs - I have been doing at the top of an apex where I can’t get the screw gun in.  

On walls, it squashes down pretty well but you have to leave it a good 5 mins or more like 7-8 before you fix the board to the wall. When it’s done the walls have a really solid feel to them. 

• 5 years later...
On 17/09/2016 at 08:55, Nickfromwales said:

Sikalfex is extraordinarily good stuff IMO and is my weapon of choice for setting in and fundamentally sealing shower trays / formers and bonding baths etc into place.

Hi @Nickfromwales there seem to be lots of variants of this Sikaflex stuff. You couldnt possibly post a link to the actual white one you tend to use? thanks