Cost of buying/renting bracing

I'm looking at a supply and erect quote just now which includes a cost of renting bracing which 1) I'd have expected to just be part of the installation service and be provided by the company and 2) seems a bit high (though not going on a lot). Has anyone paid for rent/purchase of bracing and, if so, how much did it cost?

21 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

£1200 supply only, 240 square m house 5.3m to the top of the walls. On site for 8 weeks. 

Thanks - I'm being quoted £1250 for 200m2 house so a bit toppy but perhaps not excessive. 

2 hours ago, eandg said:

Has anyone paid for rent/purchase of bracing and, if so, how much did it cost?

£135 per week (inc VAT) for 30 props

I'd be asking the company to include/hide the hire cost from the invoice so that it can be zero rated. Assuming your build is eligible for 0% VAT

1 hour ago, willbish said:

£135 per week (inc VAT) for 30 props

I'd be asking the company to include/hide the hire cost from the invoice so that it can be zero rated. Assuming your build is eligible for 0% VAT

Thanks - was that from a local/national supplier? 

Also, did the ICFers go with pre-cast concrete first floors (as has been suggested to us) or an alternative? If the former, were you able to duct MVHR? 

1 minute ago, eandg said:

Thanks - was that from a local/national supplier? 

Also, did the ICFers go with pre-cast concrete first floors (as has been suggested to us) or an alternative? If the former, were you able to duct MVHR? 

Yes a national manufacturer that can 'build anything slower'!

Timber first floor, only because I dont have the vertical space for concrete

4 minutes ago, willbish said:

Yes a national manufacturer that can 'build anything slower'!

Timber first floor, only because I dont have the vertical space for concrete

I suppose at least the fixed costs for these things gives them an incentive to get moving! 

Thanks; instinctively, I think it makes sense to go concrete throughout but can't work out how you'd put mvhr in, or alternatively why you'd build a very airtight house without it!

36 minutes ago, willbish said:

I'd imagine you would run the ducting in a service void on the underside of the floor

Thanks, I should probably have looked before I presumed - see the standard ducting is only 75mm, for some reason I thought it was much bigger. Should be fairly straightforward then with a bit of foresight in the detailing. 

While on that, does anyone know where I'd start getting costs for precast concrete to negotiate down?

8 hours ago, eandg said:

Thanks, I should probably have looked before I presumed - see the standard ducting is only 75mm, for some reason I thought it was much bigger. Should be fairly straightforward then with a bit of foresight in the detailing. 

Check the type of ducting. Some of the stuff that gets used as "ducting" is somewhat rigid eg stuff designed as water pipes (which we used years ago for a 100m phone run up our drive).

Ferdinand

9 hours ago, eandg said:

While on that, does anyone know where I'd start getting costs for precast concrete to negotiate down?

Have a google loads of company’s about, remember you will need a crane for the day so factor in £6-700 for that.