Stopping the Squeak

I’m about to fit plastic barge boards and gutters and having read about the dreaded squeak, I was wondering if it could be reduced in any way?

How about fixing membrane to the end of each rafter before fixing the barge boards, would that reduce the squeak? Thoughts!

I don’t know about barge boards but I always shave a little off the rear of the gutter with a Stanley knife (scraping it) where it fits into the bracket so it’s not too tight, it can then slide in the bracket when it expands/contracts without making a noise, it’s always worked fir me ?

Edited by joe90

1 hour ago, Triassic said:

I’m about to fit plastic barge boards and gutters and having read about the dreaded squeak, I was wondering if it could be reduced in any way?

How about fixing membrane to the end of each rafter before fixing the barge boards, would that reduce the squeak? Thoughts!

Make sure they are nailed on every other rafter tail with the proper Polytop nails (and use the 65mm ones) and you will be fine. It is gutter that creaks and squeaks although I’ve fitted Brett Martin deepflow and even the grey one is silent.