Self-Build in Ullapool

Midona

Hello, 

Me and the Mrs. have been lucky enough to buy a good-sized plot of land in Ullapool for a self-build.

We're complete novices at this, but are hoping to Project Manage as much of it ourselves as possible so as to save money.

We're also hoping to go as far down the Passivhaus route as we can; currently thinking of ICF, though still flexible on this.

Forgive me in advance for all the idiotic questions I'm likely to ask!

1 minute ago, Midona said:

Actually...we're only moving there for the Stornoway Black Pudding!

Go over as foot passengers for the day. Probably cheaper than driving to Inverness to find a supermarket.

18 minutes ago, Tin Soldier said:

A beautiful part of the world Ullapool, though I hated it for the first 20 years of my life as whenever I was there I had just been seasick or just about to be seasick, how close to the town is your plot? 

If you get seasick on the average crossing to Stornoway you are not a good sailor.  We will shortly be doing the crossing from Aberdeen to Lerwick.

24 minutes ago, Tin Soldier said:

A beautiful part of the world Ullapool, though I hated it for the first 20 years of my life as whenever I was there I had just been seasick or just about to be seasick, how close to the town is your plot? 

Walking distance.  The plot is on Garve Road between Bungalow500 and Foinaven, up behind Canna.  We feel so lucky to have gotten it.

Site_Plan_-_Aerial.pdf

Edited by Midona

@ProDave yes terrible sailor, born and brought up in Stornoway, played for school footy team which meant weekly trips to the mainland, and still was sick every time, was like unintended bulimia, however that's all past now and I get to laugh at my kids suffering the same