PIR alarm sensor in garage

Any one put a sensor in their garage?

I'm thinking of pulling some cable through so sparks can add a new sensor in there. Possibly have it programmed to a different circuit so can be set at night?

With the temperature differences and draughts  in a garage does this cause false alarms or don't these detectors work like that? 

#MeToo

Standard corner PIR, same as in the house. No false alarms, approx 25 to 30m cable length through underground duct.

I would recommend pulling some spare cables - e.g. ethernet and electric (32A) for future proofing.

2 hours ago, Oz07 said:

Possibly have it programmed to a different circuit so can be set at night?

I used a Texecom Elite panel and each sensor is, in effect, a different circuit. You can then programme behaviour for each circuit e.g. when to set it, what type it is etc. I even used this capability to wire up my front door bell as a "sensor", so when pressed it chimes through the internal sounders. Not a pretty musical chime but it works well.

14 hours ago, SiBee said:

I have. Mines a visonic wireless system. Sensor is in the detached brick garage a good 8m  from the control box and works very well. 

Those Visonic Quad PIR sensors are pretty good. Never had a false trigger with ours. Turn off the LED using the link inside to improve battery life.

Edited by Temp