DPM, how to shape to an inner corner?

epsilonGreedy

I am going to lay my 1200 gauge DPM today ahead of the ground baring concrete slab pour tomorrow. It is a thick slab (6" to 7") formed by a boundary of inner wall concrete blocks 225mm high.

How to I shape the membrane to the inner 90 degree corners?

1. Leave the membrane uncut and stuff it up to the corner with a few ruffles as a result.
  2. Cut it at the corner like wrapping a Christmas present and then tape up the adjacent flaps.
  3. As (2) but tape in a custom supplementary corner piece.
Edited by epsilonGreedy

Fold it. 

Pull the long edge taut, toe in the corner and take up the slack. Should allow you now to pull the middle up, then fold the excess over to the side like a reverse hospital corner and tape it you want 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, PeterW said:

like a reverse hospital corner and tape it you want 

I am prepared for some relationship tensions this evening when Swmbo helps.

"No not like that, Pete W on BuildHub said like an upside down hospital corner... grrr.. didn't your mother ever teach you how to make a bed...."

• Haha 2

90 degree angles just fold, 270 degree angles are trickier and you do have to cut and splice in extra dpm taped.

make sure all corners are nice and square before putting dpm down or else tricky to get dpm in nice and cleanly.

• 2 years later...

Holy thread resurrection! 

I'm doing the same today, but I know I'm chronically bad at wrapping presents and making bed. So I'm likely to cut corners.

In absence of DPM tape, what's an acceptable alternative? I have duct tape, air tight tap, flash and, and adhesive bitimous tanking membrane (thick and not very sticky).

Just for a shed floor so not that critical...

Cheers.