Dumper and a slope

Danny68

Thinking about buying a dumper (big boys Tonka toy) but am worried about the slope  concensus of opinion is about 20' degrees but I think a little  more. Question is I've seen quite a few dumpers for sale for around £1000 but have no idea whether they would have any trouble getting up the hill. I say this having nearly got a Nissan cabstar stuck down the bottom a few weeks ago. ?

On our last build I hired a big 4WD swivling dumper.  Fully loaded, it would not climb up the slope out of the trench, the digger driver had to give me a push.

You would want it to be very lightly loaded for that.  I would be more concerned if it got stuck not to let it turn sideways on that slope.

Got me thinking, it's only that there's a load of scrap at the bottom that I want to clear, once the build starts I'd only want to take stuff down and come back up empty. 

What ever you do, do not buy a 1 tonne high tip, they are inherently dangerous and tip over at the slightest bit of poor positioning. 

For £1000 it will be a pile of crap, you will need to spend £3-4000 to get anything decent 

a 3 tonne dumper is only £150 for a week to hire. 

I have been thinking about a tractor and trailer, tractor minimum £2500 trailer £1000 

again you get what you pay for. 

9 hours ago, Danny68 said:

Any opinions on a small tractor and trailer as a better option say a kubota 

Not an opinion but the auction I just posted on the Discount thread has a Kubota Backhoe Tractor in it.

In Perth, I am afraid. But may be worth watching.

Edited by Ferdinand