Onoff

So I've a broken one of these (motor burnt to a crisp):

20190625_193103

And one of these:

20190625_192958

20190625_193003

(From Distel Electronics from memory).

And I can get some of these:

1794408475_np7-12-yuasa-12v-7ah-sealed-lead-acid-battery-722-pekm320x320ekm.jpg.dbc7aebd53e233834387ef47b21031f2.jpg

RPM seems about right...I won't be pushing it...

2 hours ago, Onoff said:

And I can get some of these:

I hope you can get a good supply of those. I think you'd need at least four on the mower and even then they'd not last long. The labelled Ah capacity might seem enough but if you deep discharge them (say more than 50% of capacity), particularly at high current, they'll die pretty quickly.

13 minutes ago, Ed Davies said:

I hope you can get a good supply of those. I think you'd need at least four on the mower and even then they'd not last long. The labelled Ah capacity might seem enough but if you deep discharge them (say more than 50% of capacity), particularly at high current, they'll die pretty quickly.

Yep I know I ideally want deep discharge types. However.....x4 12Ah batteries of the same type, wired to give 24V used to run my lads kiddie car a treat. Used to get about 45 mins of driving between charges. Had a 5th battery under the bonnet running 12V headlights.

Beggars can't be etc.

The speed might be ok, but with the output of 200W surely there's not going to be enough torque to turn a blade through (potentially wet) grass? Or am I misunderstanding the application of the output here?

9 minutes ago, gravelld said:

The speed might be ok, but with the output of 200W surely there's not going to be enough torque to turn a blade through (potentially wet) grass? Or am I misunderstanding the application of the output here?

No ideas. I don't approach anything with any real scientific acumen. Monkey see, monkey do.