Fibolites 3.7 N for inner garage wall.

8 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

Bet you sympathise with full time brickies now you have tried it!

Yes. I wish I had not bothered with the steroid injection because I could cope with the tennis elbow but now tying my shoe laces is a major achievement. Defo not fit enough for one armed combat in the global warming lpg thread.

12 hours ago, wozza said:

We have used about 14 packs of 3.7n Fibolites on our extension so far - the builder likes them.

They are available in 7.3n  - but they are a bit dearer.

They are the default light block option at my favourite BM.

On 25/06/2019 at 15:31, epsilonGreedy said:

typing this single handed following an elbow joint injection... would 3.7n fibolites be a decent option for the inner cavity wall of a single story garage? all above dpc 

yes -

my garage was built with single brick +a couple of butresses--and thats 6.5m x 10m-- built in 1978 --still there no cracks 

i would have thought if you never going to go higher  and not going to be a granny flat ,then single block is plenty for strength 

if it insulation -- then vcl +batons +foil backed foam pb 37mm-50mm? and your done ,for a garage 

Or a TF studding fixed to it and boarded--outside of TF is only one brick thick 

Edited by scottishjohn

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/06/2019 at 15:35, Mr Punter said:

7.3 newton concrete block is best for impact resistance. Bet you sympathise with full time brickies now you have tried it!

In the end I chose paint grade Hemelites for the car port section of the garage, at 14kg per block they are at the upper end of medium blocks and much denser than Fibolites at 8kg per block. The Fibolites will be used for the inner cavity where it will be finished as dry lined plasterboard.