Finishing tile edge around window reveal?

8ball

I am tiling my bathroom shower area soon and doing a bit of pre planning and had a question regarding how to finish a tile edge at the point that it meets the window reveal?

In the pic below the blue tanking shows the area to be tiled, the window reveal with no tile  and a wood window sill. I have marked the area in question with a red box

310446576_IMG_2187-Copy.thumb.jpg.ff2ac886466c5afddf429c3a7798d86a.jpg

Would I just use one of these in the pic below? I was not sure as I could not find an example online that was equal to my requirement

HD634540_topps_tiles_10mm_square_edge_silver_2_5m_trim_1.thumb.jpg.ed2e86df8f778103c00ec2bde4cc0b9a.jpg

As always thanks for any advice you give as it help so much guys ?

There is also a plastic (aarrrgghhh - run for the hills) version that you could use.

But yes, something like that. Or, do the tiles you intend to use have a finished edge or option tiles for finishing the edge?

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, BotusBuild said:

do the tiles you intend to use have a finished edge or option tiles for finishing the edge?

No I'm afraid the tiles do not have that option, Wickes specials so just basic ?

30 minutes ago, bassanclan said:

That tile trim you have selected would do the job, but you've got to think what you are doing at the top of the window etc too.

Yes the top left corner is the only corner I need to do for the reveal but yes I'll make sure I measure twice cut once,

32 minutes ago, bassanclan said:

Personally I would be tiling reveals and sill

I just like making things hard for myself, I actually hate tiles and would have used panels but wifey put her foot down and the tile decision was made. The way the bathroom is planned it would look wonkey tiling the reveal and I'm using a wood sill because I have all the time in the world and cant wait for it to warp and twist so I can take it out again and burn it on the wood burner ???

Thanks for the advice chaps ?