Temporary Electric Kiosk / Meter Box

Red Kite

Hi, just setting up moving existing electric supply from existing bungalow to a temporary building supply, prior to demolition. SSE Networks are  less than helpful about what I need to provide in terms of a cabinet. Supply will come down from a (new) pole and cabinet will be close by. I was looking at https://www.meterboxesdirect.co.uk/electric-ip-43-rated-kiosk-500-750-300-mm.html

So questions are :-

Is this big enough? too big? Currently have one of the old rotating meter (no smart meter!!!)

Is IP 43 OK?

What does it need to be fixed to? And how close to the pole (pole hole is not yet dug) Can I attach it to the SSE pole?

Will I need a 'hockey stick'?

I may be able to use this as the permanent supply for one of the two houses I am building and then have another supply to the other at a later date - is it still big enough?

Or is there a spec for this kind of installation?

Many thanks

For a temporary supply, if it really is temporary, I have seen an old kitchen cabinet with a bit of roofing felt tacked on, and SSE were happy to put their gear inside it.

This is what I used, 2 standard flush mounting meter boxes, built into a short bit of "fence"

409693067_electricitysupply.thumb.jpg.609877d8e7b41079b9ea6e09cc91e1fd.jpg

This is in fact my permanent supply.  Not shown in the photo is a gland plate inserted in the bottom of the right hand meter box and a big SWA cable exiting from the switch fuse to my house.

My temporary cabinet was a “built in meter box” on two fence posts, very close to where I was building my garage, (which was built first before the house) I swung the cabinet into the garage wall myself to save paying again, (I did not want a meter box in my pretty cottage wall !!!). It contained an isolation switch and a two fuse board (caravan and temp socket). When in the garage it was connected to a fuse board fir that garage and provision to connect a SWA cable to connect the house. Simples.

My temporary supply is similar to ProDave's. I have 2 meter boxes bolted back-to-back on to a stake in the ground near my pole with a consumer unit and a couple of blue sockets. SSEN were remarkably easy going with it all.

My TBS, installed within the last month or so, is attached to a pair of fence posts next to a fence. The cabinet was like one of Jeremy's above.

I sought the permission of UKPN for this arrangement prior to the install and they said it was fine. The guidance from UKPN prior to the installation had been for a large ground-mounted cabinet with a concrete footing but I wanted something cheaper and simpler.