Toilet of death

+1 on the cheapest cola you can find. But....you have to scoop out and dry the water in there before you add the coke.

Bleach mixed with baking soda to make a paste that'll cling to the pan sides. 

• Like 1

I had a tenant leave a loo like this, it took a week to get rid of the unsavoury mixture of limescale and the brown stuff, but it can be done! I used two bottles of the extra power 100% limescale remover on  3-4 times daily. After about 4 days it started to loosen and I was able to chip it off. Ask your local vet for some rectal gloves, they go up to the armpit! 

24 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Barkeepers Friend is excellent 

Does that stuff scratch at all? Not thinking loos but maybe induction hob, stainless steel sink. 

1 hour ago, pocster said:

Yes !

topic says it all

Tenant done a runner .

Toilet now better but no matter how much bleach or cif can’t get it white !

What magic do I need ?

DA2F2A17-F8B2-460A-82BB-1CD126BD22F0.jpeg

Try some Bar Keepers Friend or any cream cleaner or paint cutting compound if you happen to have any and give it a good scrub!

Edited by Carrerahill

23 minutes ago, Jilly said:

I had a tenant leave a loo like this, it took a week to get rid of the unsavoury mixture of limescale and the brown stuff, but it can be done! I used two bottles of the extra power 100% limescale remover on  3-4 times daily. After about 4 days it started to loosen and I was able to chip it off. Ask your local vet for some rectal gloves, they go up to the armpit! 

I’ve got lots of gloves ; rectal or otherwise ?

Not surprised the tenant left with a bog like that.

I bought a house in a very hard water area (Aylesbury).  The bog was like that when I moved in.

I bit the bullet, put on rubber gloves, got a kitchen scourer and a bottle of Toilet Duck or similar, and just started scrubbing.  Not the worse job I have had to to (that was cleaning out the spa bath filter from the YMCA Sheffield, I have no idea what those young men got up to).

There were a few really sticky bits that needed to be sanded away with a pumice stone (which also got rid of the greeny blue streak on the bath a treat).

Friends and family were well impressed with how clean I got everything.  But they never shook hands with me again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1