Weep Vents

LA3222

I have trawled this subsection and although it pops up now and then, it isn't clear what the requirements are with regards to weep vents in a rendered wall and how best to achieve it.

From what I understand if you have traditional masonry Block work for both skins then you can omit them.  However for those of us using TF for the internal skin they are still required.

So, as I understand it, where you have a window you would have a cavity tray over it which then needs weep vents at max centres of 900mm?  This could leave a load of ugly 'scars' all over the rendered surface.

Is there an aesthetically pleasing way of achieving this?  If not then how do you minimise the impact? Any particular way of doing it or brand of weep vent to use that is low profile?

TIA

Jamie

Weep vents always look awful on render 

Mines B & B

i set one at either side of the window and door heads and ever 600 above lead

I carefully set ours at 18 mill proud to the block and rendered over them Leaving them flush with the render when finished Cleaning them out with a 2 mil drill bits 

One site that we are doing the render on gas them all over the render and they look awful  

@nod any chance y0u could take a couple of pics of yours near/far so I can get a feel for what they will look like.  Tried an online search and can only see horrendous looking ones where the entire perpend is open - looks gash!

1 hour ago, LA3222 said:

@nod any chance y0u could take a couple of pics of yours near/far so I can get a feel for what they will look like.  Tried an online search and can only see horrendous looking ones where the entire perpend is open - looks gash!

Will do 

The pictures show a site we’ve been doing since 2013 

It embarrassing leaving wraps stuck out of the render 

Some of the gables have them across the middle as well

Although the houses are for sale 

A local housing association takes the surplus 

Belt and braces 

Overkill 

6C2530E3-E39A-45C5-A524-BD93F1C833CB.jpeg

1 hour ago, LA3222 said:

Hope this helps

491F3B7C-69A0-43C0-80E1-E2DA65FC6317.jpeg

4A3E1CB9-65AC-4005-A831-5E6A1A54D8EB.jpeg

67976D1A-A978-4CA8-AD53-B799FB33059C.jpeg

5D9FB99F-E88A-4A5B-9DAB-79B119712A81.jpeg

316F1884-B016-426A-A556-425978CD95B3.jpeg

97AB9077-18ED-4027-AE73-6CC111A7DDD8.jpeg

2 hours ago, LA3222 said:

@nod which type of weep vent did you use? As you say, they don't look great but I suppose it is something that will just have to be lived with!

I used Rytons Rytweep

You can get a verity of colours

But I used Clear You can hardly notice them

1 hour ago, nod said:

I used Rytons Rytweep

You can get a verity of colours

But I used Clear You can hardly notice them

That's good as they were the ones I had been looking at for their minimalist impact.  Would the buff have worked for you or was the colouring wrong?

35 minutes ago, LA3222 said:

That's good as they were the ones I had been looking at for their minimalist impact.  Would the buff have worked for you or was the colouring wrong?

Yeah the buff would have been fine

To be honest I had a box full left over from another job 

1 hour ago, nod said:

Yeah the buff would have been fine

To be honest I had a box full left over from another job 

Ok - useful to know.  Thanks for your input, I have a better of idea of how this will ultimately look.

Cheers