Megabad for kitchens

bassanclan

51 minutes ago, Crofter said:

I haven't seen an option to filter out the collect only stuff.

@Crofter The illustrated version xD:

Choose advanced search.

ebay-search-for-local-collection-only-1.thumb.jpg.3f7f872f07e56ad867d98890f651fb60.jpg

(Click)

Scroll down, down, deep, deep down on the Advanced Options page to the "Delivery Options" section, and tick "collection in person".

ebay-search-for-local-collection-only-2.thumb.jpg.0cad162e99f5e9f8e29a9dc803de928d.jpg

Then back to the top and click the Search button.

ebay-search-for-local-collection-only-3.thumb.jpg.8c965192789f7a75d665ed1222e0e99d.jpg

And hopefully - bingo.

Best combined with use of the Location and Sort by Nearest options, as you know.

When you get your results page, there is a "Save this Search" option at the top. I guess you have to be logged in for that to appear.

(Aside: they appear to have some paid for option that lets a delivered result appear at the top of this search results page. Bah).

ebay-search-for-local-collection-only-4.thumb.jpg.ecc92b962f1ebe4fd35a910503275adf.jpg

Then get a cocktail and wait for it to start sending you emails of the results if you set that option in the "save this search" page.

"Click and collect" on the LHS filter bar on the search results turns out to be a delivery option via branches of Argos, so is not pertinent.

HTH.

Ferdinand

Edited by Ferdinand

Erm, thanks and all, but I want the opposite of that. And I don't think simply keaving the box unticked provides that.

Ebay, along with most websites these days, annoys the heck out of me since they have abandoned boolean search strings and wildcards in favour of their own brand of smart search.

4 minutes ago, Crofter said:

[...]

Ebay, along with most websites these days, annoys the heck out of me since they have abandoned boolean search strings and wildcards in favour of their own brand of smart search.

Exactly.

The Logical AND OR and NOT are apparently too difficult for most: but why coders are told not to allow that facility  (I imagine by now that it's a simple class) is beyond me.

36 minutes ago, Crofter said:

Erm, thanks and all, but I want the opposite of that. And I don't think simply keaving the box unticked provides that.

@Crofter

So you want the other half of the function - to *exclude* Collect in Person results in your area?

Will have a dig, but I am not hopeful if it is not there.

The most promising option appears to be pull Ebay results as an XML / RSS feed and then filter *that*. The last time I played with something like that I used a graphical application called Yahoo Pipes that went defunct in 2015.

Alternatives do exist, but it won't be simple if no one already has one.

It also requires the relevant information to be included in the Ebay Feeds, or we are into parsing web pages.

If it hasn't been done already for a problem as common as this one...

Ferdinand

Edited by Ferdinand

@Ferdinand not exactly, I have no wish whatsoever to exclude local sellers. I simply want to see a list that includes only people who will post/courier. They can be local or not. If I restrict my eBay searches to, say, the nearest 100 miles, I will get almost zero results whenever I am looking for anything even vaguely specific.

Now if I wanted a properly 'smart' search, it would include everybody within a hundred miles who accepted collection in person and/or courier, and would include people further away if they were courier, but not pickup.

On 12/09/2017 at 13:07, Crofter said:

@Ferdinand not exactly, I have no wish whatsoever to exclude local sellers. I simply want to see a list that includes only people who will post/courier. They can be local or not. If I restrict my eBay searches to, say, the nearest 100 miles, I will get almost zero results whenever I am looking for anything even vaguely specific.

Now if I wanted a properly 'smart' search, it would include everybody within a hundred miles who accepted collection in person and/or courier, and would include people further away if they were courier, but not pickup.

Thanks for clarifying - I have gone out to a couple of technical fora I am on to see if anyone can help.

No one could help.

F

Edited by Ferdinand