New type of Shower Panels?

While chatting to my fitter doing the shower last week, he alluded to a new type of shower wall panel made from some sort of recycled plastic, which he compared favourably to the plywood core Multipanels.

Does anyone have any idea what these might be?

Cheers

Ferdinand

Plastics have been recycled for decades. We used to have large containers outside the factory for the vac formed off cuts and scrap.

Prices varied by the type and colour, but it was always worth doing, and that was nearly 40 years ago.

Really need a bit more information.

Hmmm.

Product description

Nuance bathroom wall panels are constructed using high pressure decorative laminates bonded to front and back of synthetic, homogenous, waterproof substrates using waterproof adhesive.

BB Complete is a high performance, single part, moisture curing hybrid adhesive and colour matched sealant. BB Complete must be used to install Nuance bathroom panels.

Face laminate
High pressure decorative laminate to BS:EN:438.

Substrate
10mm synthetic homogenous waterproof material.

Backing laminate
Balanced with white high pressure decorative laminate to BS:EN:438.

Consider yourself ... INformed,

Consider yourself, one of ... etc.

33 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

Ok. checked and the product name is Nuance by Bushboard.

https://www.bushboard.co.uk/nuance

It appears to be some of patented wood fibre based core, so I had the wrong end of the stick. Thickness is 11mm.

Any comments?

Ferdinand

One of the biggest laminate worktop manufacturers in the business so not surprised they have gone into this. 

MSDS not available for their glue but pretty sure it’s StixAll in a different tube

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, PeterW said:

One of the biggest laminate worktop manufacturers in the business so not surprised they have gone into this. 

MSDS not available for their glue but pretty sure it’s StixAll in a different tube

Yep - I have in my mind a core like the inside of a worktop, perhaps with more glue and smaller grains.

Edited by Ferdinand