Log Cabin Project - Final Plans Done :D

iSelfBuild

4 hours ago, Nikkib said:

Hi I'm looking to build a mobile home log cabin but dont know where to start with getting the drawings from. We want to do a 65ft x 23ft but need to ensure we construct it correctly to comply with caravans act. Are you able to help at all? Many thanks 

I take it your in England rather than Scotland with those sizes? Happy to have a conversation with you, drop me a message and we can set up a call.

Just catching up with this thread, it's quite up my street as a similar sort of project.

My own build was aimed at a similar market, although it's a somewhat smaller build (50m2/43m2 gross/net).

It came in very close to my £40k budget, thanks to already owning the land, and doing 99% of the work myself. Rough costings, based on the categories in a previous post, are:

£0 – Land
£10,000.00 - Legals, electric connection, foul drainage design and installation, site scraping*
£3,000.00 – Brick Piers, Landscaping & Driveway
£22,000.00 – House Design, Supply & Build
£1,000.00 – Water connection
£1,200.00 – Internal Electrics
£500.00 – Plumbing + Radiators
£200.00 – Bedroom Furniture
£800.00 – Bathroom
£1,000.00 – Log Burner
£300.00 – Curtains + Decorations
£2,000.00 – Kitchen + Appliances**
£0 – TV + Entertainment
£150.00 – Dining Table + Sofa
£250.00 – Cupboards and coffee tables etc
£300.00 – Bedding & Towels & Accessories
£200.00 – Decking Construction
=============
£42,900

* I didn't have the option of a foul drain connection, and ended up spending £7k on a sewerage system. A big but unavoidable chunk of my small budget.

** Full size kitchen but I chose secondhand high quality appliances rather than cheap new ones. I feel justified in this decision, as we installed some cheap own-brand appliances in my own house and have had a lot of trouble with them. The 2nd hand Bosch stuff in the cottage has been faultless, and was so cheap it was almost free.

Our furniture came in at about £700, because we were fortunately given a bed and sofa, and the rest of the furniture came, surprisingly, from the B&M discount store. It claims to be solid oak, and the only thing I would say against it that it is all quite small. But it's perfect for a holiday cottage where most people are only staying for three nights.

• Like 3