Fixing Kitchen Island to the floor

I am about to start properly installing the kitchen and I'm wondering how to fix the island to the floor.

The island is 3100 x 1200 (so two rows of units).

The worktop will be 12 porcelain and the end panels will be the same wooden material as the cabinets.

I was looking on Youtube and some people recommend fixing a couple of 200-300mm long blocks of wood to the floor  and then fixing the blocks to the bottom of the cabinets.

Other people suggest same as above but using wood the length of the island, so 2 x 3100mm

Other suggestions are no blocks of wood under the cabinets because the end panels are fixed to the floor anyway using angle brackets.

Can anyone offer any advice please? 

Ours isn't properly fixed, either, although I did stick some battens to the floor, lined up with the inside edge of the side panels.  I stuck the battens down with a bit of silicone, and did the same on the inside face of the side panels where they are tight up against the battens.  TBH I don't think anything was needed, as I doubt it would go anywhere if just left free standing.

• Thanks 1

With back to back units it isnt going anywhere. Its only when you have a single row of units with a worktop overhang that you need to seriously consider some arrangement to prevent  it tipping.

Edited by ryder72
Spelling
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
15 hours ago, Onoff said:

I cored a hole in the floor slab for my breakfast bar / island leg:

SAM_2840.jpg

SAM_8002_zps836d0051.jpg

One day this'll all go. Bloody kitchen floor is about 5" higher than it should be. 

Can you do a thread on this ? . I miss your bathroom yarn - much more fun than Eastenders . Gate Pillars is like GoT without the red lady nor Daenerys - and I like a bit of titillation as you know ... ?