Suspended Timber Floor design

Student

1 minute ago, Mr Punter said:

Are these the hangers in the other thread?

I can see that the ones on the right are not in full contact with the ledger board. Continuous blocking pieces of the same section size as the joists run at right angles will fix any wobbles. Maybe do this 300mm from the iffy hangers.

Curiously it's a few of the hangers on the side that are in full contact that are squeaking!

Bit of an update, I think it's the wood deflecting causing the creaking and it's only because it's not fixed in place, I think it will be OK once I nail them to the hangers and wall plate on the sleeper wall and it's all solid.

New issue *sigh*. Some of the nuts on the left (as you look at the image) ledger plate have come loose. It's definitely not the fixing coming out as they re-torque up fine. I think I made a mistake, there were some gaps behind the board and I filled it with low expansion foam, thinking it would both fill the gap and give a little insulation. I think in reality, it's a little bit too flexible and allowing the nuts to loosen during deflection. What are my options here? I could try and inject behind with something hard setting? Or can I use loctite or similar on the nuts to stop them loosening? God this floor hasn't succumbed easily!

Edited by Student